About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Haircut And A Busted Table.

Waddup Everybody.

So this week was pretty normal. Nothing too exciting. I had my first haircut here in Cali on Tuesday, I think. YIKES. Somebody call Brooke and tell her to hop on a plane for Colombia. Haha just kidding. It actually wasn't too bad. I paid like 6000 pesos (about 3 dollars). So for my first week here in Zona Farallones I was the only gringo, but now we have a new zone leader- Elder Wilcox. He's a pretty nice guy.  He's from Alaska. He's been out about a year. It was weird talking in English a little bit the past few days. So now we have 3 or 4 gringos in the zone. In the zone meeting we had this week, Elder Lawrence, a new missionary in this zone, wanted to arm wrestle me... Not sure why, but I said ok, and we arm wrestled. Haha! We were arm wresting and we totally broke the table in the church! My elbow totally went through the table haha! Saturday we had a activity at the church for investigators and members. We played soccer, of course. My team won all the games, not sure why (maybe it's because we have an awesome goalie.) It was good. Even the bishop played. Anyway, we had 10 investigators attend church this Sunday, so that's awesome. We will try to keep working with them, and then get them baptism dates soon. Nothing too exciting this week, but it's all good! We have stake conference this Sunday too, so not sure what will go down with that, but we'll see! Today for p-day we played soccer against Zone Agua Blance for a few hours and then rode the bus with the zone leaders to burger king and ate lunch. One of these p-days I might get a chance to rest, but I doubt it! So fam, friends.. until next week.  I'm outta time. Hope you all have a good week.
Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment