About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, September 23, 2013

Pigs Feet.

Hellllo.
Hey everybody! How's it going? Hope everything is good. SO - we didn't have transfers this week. They got delayed until next Tuesday or Wednesday! I will complete more than 3 months in this area with Elder Cartes here in this week. We had a few baptisms fall through, but I could kinda see it coming. Bummer. We are going to marry Octavio and Carmen tomorrow, and have their baptism service the 28th. That's awesome. Prayers for them. So nothing too special this week. We had a pretty good family home evening with investigators and members this week. I was the boss of the game we played. It was a miracle I conducted the game perfectly, and in Spanish! That was a good time for sure. So this Sunday I had to bless the sacrament in Spanish, too. That was interesting... But I did it the fist time perfect! WHEW. I was defiantly sweating! Haha. Today for p-day was interesting... We woke up, and first thing went to help Carlos (he is from Spain and is a member, but his wife isn't) work on his wife's haircutting shop. We fixed holes in walls, and tore out carpet, and all sorts of stuff. When it came time to eat lunch, Elder Zambrano and Elder Cartes didn't wanna go because the lunch was with a member way up the mountain side - a long hard walk. So me and Elder Wilcox thought it would be rude to just not show up, so we went ahead and hiked the mountain. After 40 minutes we got up there (ugh!) and then ate lunch. Pigs feet and tendons. YUCK! It even had pig hair on it. We walked an hour and a half up a huge hill side to eat pigs feet and tendons! hahaha We choked it down, and then started the long walk back laughing, saying, "Well at least we have a story to tell!" Ha! Then I walked back to the apartment with Elder Cartes, showered real quick, and now I'm writing! Quite the p-day, huh? Anyway, so for sure this next week I will have news about transfers, and maybe even some baptism photos :) Prayers for the investigators! Talk to you all later. Caio.
Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment