About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pare! Pare! and a Soccer Tournament.

Hello there.
Hey everyone. Hope you guys all had a good week. Things are normal here in good old Cali Colombia. You know, drunks trying to punch me, gun shots, dogs humping my leg... all that good stuff. But seriously, a stupid dog. I was in a old lady's house with the zone leaders and my companions eating lunch, and I was calling another old lady to confirm lunch for the next day, when this big dog straight up attacked and tried to violate me... I was yelling "PARE PARE Elder Wilcox Ayudame!!! Pare!" (Stop! Stop! Elder Wilcox help me! Stop!) The old lady I was talking on the phone with was probably super confused, and after, I couldn't talk to her on the phone because we were all busting up laughing haha. Dang. 
 
Anyway, my week this week was pretty good. I finished Alma in the Book of Mormon in Spanish and just truckin' along in Helaman. Good stuff. This week we had interviews with President Prince. That was good. And sister prince gave me banana bread -even better. But the best thing was President Prince called my mom because I have completed a lot of mission goals these past few months.  He told her I was doing good, and even let me talk to her for 30 seconds! It was great. I couldn't say much because I was trying to keep it together sitting there across from President,  but it was super cool. I love it.
 
 Today for p-day we had our soccer tournament with all of the missionaries here in Cali. Unfortunately we lost 2 and tied 1. Not too hot haha. We lost to the team that won in our first game in the last 30 seconds. We were winning with 30 seconds to go, 2-1, and in the last 30 seconds they scored twice. LAME. Haha but it's all good. Anyway, we had some people show up to church too, which is awesome. Hopefully we can start to progress here in the next few weeks. I gotta go- out of time. Sorry about the short email. I'll try to write more next week! Love you all. Have a good week!
Elder Dean

Farallones Zone
Front:  Elders Wilcox and Moran
Back:  Elders Mina, Caja, Dean, Lawrence, Viza, S. Walker, Zambrano, Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment