About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, November 11, 2013

Popayan: Week 1.

Why hello there everyone...
How's life in the good old U S of A? Hope you guys are all doing good. So my first week here in Popayan was good. Last Tuesday I hopped on a bus and drove through the country sides and got here to Popayan in 2 or 3 hours. So here in Popayan my area is pretty small, especially because half of the area isn't houses- it's shops and stores. Here it is pretty sunny in the mornings, and then pretty much every afternoon it gets real gloomy and rains most days, too. There have been 2 thunderstorms with thunder SO loud! Haha Crazy loud! That's cool. I had to buy a sweater here because my first two nights I was used to Cali weather - nice and hot - so I got pretty cold my first two nights. I'm getting used to it now, though, so that's good. So the sacrament meeting was pretty interesting. There were about 60 people in attendance in the branch. Super weird. After that, the second class was pretty dang interesting, too. The teacher taught some good false doctrine to investigators and everybody... Haha nice! You always find that here though - false doctrine like crazy. 
I'm living here in the apartment, and sharing the branch with the zone leaders here in Popayan: Elder Eliason and Elder Menendez. They are pretty chill guys. They are both new here this transfer, and so am I, so my comp is the vet here in the branch with 5 or 6 weeks... Haha stressful! The other Elders had a baptism this week. Awesome. I leaned over to test the water before the baptism and dropped my agenda and everything into the baptismal font. Nice goin' Elder Dean! Elder Eliason almost died laughing. I wasn't the happiest camper, haha but it's all good! Anyway, gotta head out. Didn't have much time to write this week because we couldn't find internet and we have to end p-day at 6... Sad :( Anyway, I'll write more next week, and I hope you all have a good week. Read the scriptures and go to the temple if you can this week! Love you all. Ciao!

Elder Dean.
 Leaving Cali was tough! Lots of people I'm going to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment