About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Baptisms and P-day

Hey thurrrrrrrrrrr!
Hey everybody... Sorry I didn't get a chance to write last week ;( We went to Ipales to play soccer against their elders, 2 hours south, and on the drive back up we got delayed on the freeway a bunch, and got back too late to write. Bummer. But it's all good! Anyway, not this week, but the week before we went to Cali for zone leader conference. It was good. I slept in the house of Elder Wilcox there in Cali. Good friend. On the bus ride home, from 6 in the afternoon to 5 in the morning, I got a nasty cold that I'm just barely getting over... That weekend Carlos Guevara was baptized and confirmed a member of the church. His nephew, who returned from his mission that same week, baptized him and I was able to stand in on his confirmation. This week, on Wednesday, we had zone conference. President and Sister Prince came down with the assistants and we had our last zone conference with President Prince. Weird. It was good. I liked it quite a bit. This Saturday we also had a baptismal service for Angela. Angela is 14 years old. We found her through her inactive sister, Nicol. Nicol has been coming back to church, and we have been working with Angela for about 5 weeks. She's awesome, and it's great to see her sister reactivating as well. She wanted me to baptize her, so I did. Special stuff for sure. Now that Carlos and Angela got baptized, we are at a bit of a crossroads here with Elder Delgadillo. Gotta find new people to teach and keep the work moving forward! I love the mission. It's hard. It's trying. It's rewarding. It's a blessing. Even though I miss you all so much, I couldn't imagine not have come here and doing what I'm doing. The church is true. If you aren't going to church much or having doubts about anything in this life... Don't worry. It will work out. Keep pressing forward. Start trusting in family and friends and most of all trust in our Heavenly Father. I love you all. I hope you all have an excellent week. I'll try to send some pics of Angela's baptism and p-day today. We went to a little national park type thing. Really cool. Explored for about 3 hours. It had a part with a bunch of pine trees, and I felt right at home.  Also a little jungle part of the forest right in Colombia. Haha. It was coo.l Super pretty. Love you all. Have a good week!
 Angela's Baptism

 Great view of P-day today

 Pine trees here in Pasto


No comments:

Post a Comment