About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Chickens and Baptisms

Hey everybody. 

Hey all. What's UP? Just here in Pasto finishing up my pday. Hope you all had a good week. My week was pretty long. We finished up the transfers. It was pretty stressful in the terminal getting all the missionaries in and out, but whew it's over. This week was pretty interesting. Saturday we woke up and went to the chapel to fill up the baptismal font, only to find a truck load of chickens in the chapel... I guess the area bought chickens for all the members in Pasto. We ended up helping unload and count chickens all day Saturday. Yuck. Chickens are gross. I never want to work on a chicken farm. Saturday afternoon we also had a baptism. I baptized Sofia, a little girl who is 8 years old from a part member family... She loves the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately she didn't get confirmed Sunday, but we will work for this next Sunday to get her confirmed. Saturday night the sister missionaries also had a baptism. Their little old investigator, her name is Jesus. She wanted me to baptize her, so I hopped back into my wet baptismal clothes and baptized her as well. When we got into the baptismal font she started panicking saying, "My heart, my heart!" I thought she was having a heart attack, but turns out she was just scared of the water haha. Anyway, I baptized her and she came out of the water. I think she might have been speaking tongues.... All I could understand was "I saw darkness". Uh Jesus might be a little weird. She was confirmed Sunday morning, and left the chapel happy as a clam. Good stuff. Today for pday as a zone we played volleyball. I got super burned, but it's all good. Anyway. That's all for today folks. Hope you all have a great week. We didn't do so hot as a zone this month in April, but we are headed into May with great plans. May will be excellent. Love you all. Talk to you more next week. CHAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (for Gunner)

Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment