About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween Dress Up and Cristo Rey.

Hey thur amigos!

What's happening everybody? Another week has come and gone. 2 more weeks here with my companion, and then he's headed back to Peru. We are working along. I'm trying to keep him from being too trunky. Haha He's a good guy. But seriously. I defiantly don't wanna end trunky. Gotta go out working hard. So this week was pretty normal... Halloween was pretty calm until about 7 or 8, and then there was nothing to do. Everybody was in the streets partying. There weren't even members home, so we walked around and went home at about 9 defeated. Ha. But it's all good. Other than that, I'm doing ok. I think the mission is probably the biggest lesson I've ever had. Heavenly Father defiantly wants me to learn many things here in my mission, I'm sure of that. I love the mission. Even though it's a little hard right now, I know that I have something to learn, something to change, and I know that Heavenly Father knows everything. I think change is the hardest thing for us humans to do.. Especially for me. But I also think that the only losers in this life are those who stop trying to get better, no matter how long the change takes. Today for pday we went to Cristo Rey, the big Christ statue that overlooks Cali. President and Sister Prince and the APs took me to Cristo Rey my first day here in Cali, and it was cool to go back and take some pics. My companion had never been, and he only has 1 pday left next week, so today and next week I'm just following him around, letting him do whatever he wants to do for his last pdays. I'll send some pics. Anyway peeps... I love you all, and I hope you all have a really good week. I'm grateful for your prayers, and I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and my family. Love you all. We'll talk more next week. My time's up!
 
Elder Dean
 

 Halloween- dressed up as Elder Mejia
 
 "Welcome to Cristo Rey"

 Cristo Rey
 
The View

No comments:

Post a Comment