About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, January 19, 2015

Banana Picking

Hey all.

How's everybody doing? Hope you all had a good week. This week was pretty fast... We had zone leader council Thursday all day and then Friday and Saturday I was in Pradera (a little town here in my zone). The church is fairly new there. There are about 30 people who attend the branch in a little house they've converted into a chapel. The elders are gaining some momentum down there. It was good to work with them for a day. I'll send a pic of the little house chapel. Anyway, this Sunday morning, Lucero got baptized. It was a small little baptism service because almost all the members were in Bogota at the temple. It turned out good though. She is an awesome lady with a lot of faith, even though her husband doesn't support her at all, and there are quite a few difficulties. But my companion baptized her, and I had the opportunity to confirm her a member of the church. Awesome. Anyway, today for pday, a member invited us to a cabin up in the mountains outside of Palmira. We had a fun time, and unfortunately we got back pretty late, so I'm rushed for time. I gotta leave it there for this week. Gotta get the week started, but I hope you all have a good week. Keep up the efforts to live the gospel all, and we'll talk more next week.

Elder Dean


Baptismal Service for Lucero


Today for pday- helping lower bananas.
 They weigh like 70 pounds every bushel.


House chapel in Pradera

No comments:

Post a Comment