About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

23 Months Out.

Hey everybody! 
What's up everyone? Hope you all had a good week. Here I am. It's Saturday. Just finishing up my pday. We got in from Buenaventura today at 11 in the morning, and I passed out until about 1, ate lunch, and it's been a pretty chill pday. I really enjoyed conference. I think some of my favorite talks were Elder Eyrings (Saturday morning and Priesthood). He's the best. I really hope to have, one day, the spiritual strength and confidence he has. I liked a talk by a 70 that talked about Shiblon in the Book of Mormon, and that we should all try to be more like him. Many other talks were very powerful as well. This week, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was with the elders from Israel, here in Cali, and then we went to zone leader council on Thursday. We changed the logo, phrase, and focus of the mission, and I feel happy to have been a part of it. We gave a training Thursday as well to the sister missionary leaders. Friday morning, we woke up real early and headed to the coast. Buenaventura. I went in divisions with Elder Silverio and Elder Darby. We worked hard and had a pretty crazy day. You never know what adventure you'll have in good old Buenaventura. We were able to teach 11 lessons in one day. Good stuff. Anyway, so we'll be here in the office tomorrow and Monday, and then Tuesday we're off to the north. Tulua and Palmira. Traveling like crazy. Anyway, I know that the mission is coming to a close. It's kinda just back there in my mind, but let's be honest, it hasn't really hit me yet, and that's just fine. Traveling and working hard. The classic question from everybody, "How much time do you have in the the mission?" 23 months... They always react like, "Oh! You're already home!" I think I'll start lying and telling people I've only been out a year. Haha jk. Love you all. Hope you have a good week. Until next Saturday.

Elder Dean.

 Elder Marin (Argentina) Elder Quezada (Utah)


Elder Alvarez (Chile) Elder Maciel (Paraguay)

Elder Silverio (Brazil) Elder Darby (California)

No comments:

Post a Comment