About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Hey all. Hope you're enjoying this Easter weekend. Here I am watching conference in the office and writing in between sessions. Best p-day eve-r watching general conference all day. Anyway, this week was good. I was in Villa del Lago, Americas, Ceibas and Limonar this week- all here in Cali. Yesterday I did divisions with Limonar. It was weird going back to my first area! Everything looked the exact same. Interesting experience: we went to an appointment that they had, and we walk in and right away I recognized the girl. I had found her back when I was starting my mission. 17 years old, starting a pregnancy, and things not looking too bright. I had given her a Book of Mormon, but she never progressed, and we lost contact. Yesterday in the lesson, she said that she had found the missionaries again just a few days earlier. Now 19 years old with a baby girl, we taught her and her whole family yesterday, and they all committed to go to general conference, and her dad even said the last prayer. Cool stuff. Who would have thought. I guess we really never know what seeds we plant or what purpose we have. Anyway, just watched the first session of general conference, and I really loved it. Excellent talks by Elder Eyring and Elder Clayton. I honestly liked every talk. Excited to listen to 4 more sessions. Anyway, so today, tomorrow, and Monday, we'll be here in the office, and then Tuesday and Wednesday here in Cali in divisions, and Thursday we have zone leader council where we will give some training to the Elders. Friday we are going to Buenaventura - headed to the coast. Buenaventura is always quite the experience haha. This gospel is MARAVILLOSO. I think I'll just leave it at that :) Hope you all have a good week.

Elder Dean


Elder Mendez (Ecuador) and Elder Arias (Bolivia)


Elder Walton (Gringo) and Elder Rodriguez (El Salvador)


Elder Fernandez (Bolovia) Elder Weight (Utah)


Elder Navarro (Peru) and Elder Serrano (Colombia)

 Me and my companion Elder Rojas

No comments:

Post a Comment