About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Because He Lives

Hey everybody.
Hey everyone!  How's  it going? Well, here we are, Saturday afternoon, just finishing up my pday. This past week has been crazy. Sunday was a sad day when Elder Walker headed on out to the airport. Went on home. I really have missed him this past week. It's ok though. I'm sure we'll see each other back in Utah. Sunday was craziness. We were in the office getting the transfers ready and out. Everybody  left the office super tired that night. Monday was the same, and Tuesday all the new missionaries got in. Tuesday night my new companion got in from Ipiales. Elder Rojas! Elder Rojas is awesome. He's  from Villavicensio Colombia. He's  been out a little over a year. Super hard worker. I was his zone leader in Palmira. He had like 10 baptisms in my time in Palmira. He was a zone leader one transfer in Ipalies, and now with me. First Colombian companion! Anyway, he's awesome. Wednesday we had the transfers and new missionary/trainers training and meeting with President about the plans for this next transfer. We did 30 companionships last transfer, and this transfer we are going for 43. Thursday we traveled all day in Vallegrande, here in Cali, and Friday in Morichal Cali as well. Anyway, the church has started a new initiative that's called #graciasaqueelvive (Because He lives). It's something similar to what the church did for Christmas with the "He is the gift". It's for Easter, and Easter week, and it will continue on this whole year. We are contacting couples and people like crazy with cards the church sent us - getting the message out. With Easter coming up this week I hope you can all check out the video. Share it on Facebook. I really hope you like it as much as I did. With Easter coming up, I add my testimony, that I know that He lives. He resurrected and I know he lives today. And because He resurrected, I know that we all too will one day. Because He lives today, I can receive forgiveness of my sins, I can find strength and happiness and hope. I have what is known in the new testament, stated by Paul, "peace in believing". I'm exited for general conference this week. Don't  forget to watch it! Anyway, love you all. I'd better get going. P-day is over. Talk more next week!

Love, Elder Dean


Saying goodbye to Elder Walker with Elder Roman (materials secretary) and Elder Mejia (finance secretary)


Transfers done. I'm tired.


Elder Barlow (Utah) and Elder Soares (Brazil)

Elder Langford (Utah) and Elder Zuniga (Peru)

No comments:

Post a Comment