About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Testimony.

Hey All.

So... This is it. Last letter. I’ll be home Tuesday. This past week and a half I have not been able to proselyte because of an expired visa. Although it was not the ideal situation, I hope I was able to be a blessing for the mission back on the home front here in the office, organizing and doing the missions 40 year anniversary, and starting up the missions family history program. I would be lying if I told you all that I’m not nervous at all. At random times I get this pit feeling in my stomach. It’s all good though. We must continue forward in our lives, passing through many stages with our "hands to the plow," not looking back. I hope to not look back... There are plenty of things to do, and although I feel like my mission was the most important thing I have ever done in my life, I know there are many things ahead of me. I have not arrived at my destination. Paul once said to his son in the gospel, Timothy, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." I too say that I have fought a good fight, but I have not finished my course, and I will continue to keep the faith. The truth is, I have learned many things here, and I hope to have been a blessing to Heavenly Fathers children, and been able to change lives, and in the end I know that most of all, my own life has changed. Knowledge, understanding and comprehension of our Heavenly Father have I gained here, and I hope that the Lord will continue to enlighten my mind "like the dews from heaven" throughout my live. The testimony I have I feel is very simple. I know that there is a God. This God is my Heavenly Father. He truly does love me. His son is Jesus Christ, a real person who is alive today. I know that he did all and more than what the scriptures say he did. I testify that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw. I love him for what he did and for being humble enough to be obedient to be an instrument in God’s hands to restore this marvelous church and gospel. This church has power and authority to administer and perform ordinances in the name of Jesus the Christ. Ordinances that will bring us the blessings we all need in this life and the eternity’s to come. I love the gospel. I know we will be happy as we strive to understand it and live it. The words I treasure most and hope to hear one day are these spoken by the Savior. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of thy Lord." I say these things humbly. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Robert Michael Dean II

No comments:

Post a Comment