About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, July 8, 2013

Elder Dean in Cali

Well, I'm in Cali... It's HOT.

Hey Everybody. So my first week in the field ... Pretty crazy stuff! I'm really in the heart of everything now, that's for sure: people, motorcycles, tons of stray dogs, dirty streets, poverty everywhere, and spanish music blasting all the time. Haha good stuff! So my trainer is from Chile - Elder Cartes. He's a pretty good guy, and knows what he's doing. The members here a pretty cool, too. Even though I don't really speak much, they are loving anyway. So Elder Cartes and I found about 12 new people to teach this week. We have 3 people with a baptism date for the 27 of July, so I'll let you all know how that goes. Our apartment is pretty small. It's just me and Cartes in a garage apartment. I'm learning Spanish more and more each day, but pretty slow- not gonna lie! My area is Limonar, in zone Farallonas. I'm still in Cali pretty much, about 10 minutes out. Spanish is nuts that's for sure! Anyway, I hope you all have a good week this week. I'll try to send some photos of Bogota and a few from here in Cali as well! Love you all. Nos Vemos.

Elder Dean
 
 Elder Dean and Elder Cartes

 Elder Dean and President and Sister Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment