About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Reason For The Season.

Que mas Parseros?
Hey everybody. How's it going? Hope you all had an excellent week! So this week was pretty good... This week we were in the hospitals and clinics Tuesday and Wednesday, like 6 hours, trying to figure out if we could help Elder Mosqueira feel a little better. He hasn't been feeling too hot... The medical system isn't quite the same here as it is in the United States. Not too organized- that's for sure... But it's all good. Eventually we found out that he's got some parasites. Poor guy. He took a few pills a few days ago, and he seems to be feeling a little bit better, so that's good. Saturday we had a pretty cool activity with a few members of the church and all the missionaries here in Popayan for about 100 little kids. They are are super poor, but Saturday morning from about 8-11 we had an activity. We played a bunch of games with them and gave them candy. Some sisters combed hair and painted faces, and then they feed them all some rice and chicken. Happy kids- that's for sure! I took some pictures, but I forgot my camera, so I'll have to send some pictures next week. So Sunday was good and a little rough at the same time... The branch here I'm in is pretty weak. We had about 40 people in church Sunday. Not too hot. It can get a little frustrating at times, not having much help from the branch and members, but we gotta help everybody we can. That's why we are here as missionaries. So I watched the Christmas devotional last night in English with some other gringos here in Popayan. I liked it a lot. Listing to Christmas hymns in English was fantastic. I liked that they really focused the talks on the Savior, too. We should all be thinking about Jesus this Christmas season, and the remarkable things he did for us. Through him we can be happy and find peace, I can testify of that. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. I love you all. Even though I miss you all a lot, I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to be here in Colombia serving my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This gospel is remarkable. I'm grateful for it in my life. I love you all and I hope you all have a good week and enjoy the snow :) Talk to you all next week. 

Love
Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment