About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, December 2, 2013

First Baptism In Popayan.

Hey Everybody,

What's up? So I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Was just a normal day here in Popayan for me... But its all good. I'm grateful for a lot of things, and that's what Thanksgiving's all about. So this past week we had a baptismal service. We baptized Mauricio, and the other elders in the apartment baptized a girl named Mabel. It was a good service for sure. Presidente Lalo baptized my investigator, and Elder Eliason baptized his investigator. Sunday morning I confirmed Mauricio in sacrament meeting... Always sketchy giving a blessing like that in front of about 60 people... My first time was worse though! In Cali there were more people because I'm in a branch here in Popayan. Other than that the week was pretty normal! Haha Miracle nothing too crazy happened during the week. Only a few drunks tried bothering me this week, but I think my Spanish might be getting better because when the drunks ask me where I'm from I tell them, "Medallin Colombia," and they leave me alone... Haha! I'll send a picture of us with Mauricio too :) Hey, I hope you all have a good week... And hope everybody can enjoy the holiday season without getting too stressed out or anything... Remember what Christmas is all about, and I promise that your Christmas will be awesome!! I'm in a division right now with Elder Eliason. We are having a good time... Haha Always quoting Dumb and Dumber and taking about sports... Well I gotta go cut my hair, so I gotta cut it short... Love you all. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Have a good week!!!
 
Elder Dean
 

No comments:

Post a Comment