About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014 To All.

Hey everybody- I'm alive...
 
Don't worry. I made it through New Years alive here in Colombia! Haha Hope you all had a fun and safe New Years. I don't even really remember much about what happened for New Years. Just a bunch of drunks and craziness haha. New Years Eve we went and ate dinner again with the Oime family. The mission work was pretty slow, but we did our best to work hard. We had baptismal interviews during the week for a baptism service Saturday. Saturday night we had the baptismal service of Omaira and Natalia, and also an investigator of Elder Eliason and Menéndez. It was a nice baptismal service. I baptized Omaira and Elder Eliason baptized Natalia. Sunday they arrived for their confirmations without problem, and I confirmed them both members of the church. Super special that we had the opportunity to baptize Hernando, Omaira and Natalia- all 3. So today and yesterday is a HUGE festival here in Popayán. The 5th and 6th of January here is one big party. It's absolutely nuts. Yesterday (Sunday) I was attacked 5 or 6 times. They sprayed foam and chucked powder. The whole city has lost their minds. I bought a poncho to keep my shirt clean, but it was hopeless. It's crazy. They chuck water, throw powder, spray foam, and paint people. I've never seen anything like it. I managed to snap a quick picture, but I couldn't get a picture of the real craziness for fear of losing my camera haha. I'll attach a few pics. Elder Mosqueira's birthday was on the 3rd too, he turned 21. We didn't do anything. We ordered a pizza and ate that, and then hit the sack. We were pooped out. Anyway, it was super cool to see Omaira and Natalia baptized. The mission is incredible. It's one big lesson- the mission. I feel like I'm always learning. Sometimes it's super hard, but I've never done anything more important in my life. I hope you all have an excellent 2014. The only year of my life that I will have to devote all my days to the Lord. So, happy 2014 to all. Let's all get better this year. Go to the temple more, read the scriptures more, pray more often, and try to be better people every day. I love you all. Talk to you more next week.
 Baptismal Service: Omaira and Natalia

 Ponchos Colombian Style (Eliason y Yo)
 
 Somewhat view of Popayan madness
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment