About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baptism and Transfers.

Heyyyyy Thurrrrr.

Hey all. Hope you all had an excellent week. My week was good, and then Saturday and Sunday came and it got crazy. Haha. So the week went by pretty normal. Slow parts some days - just working away. It's been raining cats and dogs here in Popayan. Rained all week. Super gloomy, that's for sure. Saturday came and we were able to have Franny's baptismal service which was really simple, but really nice. Good way to go out of Popayan (Spoiler alert!) Saturday night, we came home and Elder Eliason and I were just chattin' when he got a phone call from President Prince. He went into the bathroom and talked to President for a while, and then came out like he had just seen a ghost. President called him to be the next AP. He has 4 months left in the mission, so he'll end as the AP. He packed up his bags right away and headed out the next day- Sunday afternoon. Franny got confirmed- no problems. It was a rough goodbye saying chao to Eliason after 4 and a half months together in the same house. No more quoting Dumb and Dumber and talking about baseball.... :( He'll do a great job as the AP. Sunday night came, and about 9:30, transfers came in. I got a shock. I'm headed out of Popayan Wednesday, and headed to Pasto, a town about 8 hours south (that's cold). They called me to be Zone Leader. I will be opening up my area with an Elder Named Elder Delgadillo from Guatemala. He has about 9 months or so as a zone leader, so he will have to show me the ropes for sure about how to run a zone. I enjoyed my time here in Popayan, and I will miss a lot of people- that's for sure. A little nervous about these next few days and weeks, but I'm sure it will all turn out alright. I'm glad to be a member of the church, and especially glad to have the opportunity to serve a mission for the Lord's church. I love the gospel. I know it's true. There are hard times and moments, but if we keep truckin' along, trusting in God, I'm grateful that we have the promise that everything's gonna be alright. Love you all. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Have a good week everybody. Chao Popayan!

Elder Dean
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment