About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No Bake Cookies and Square Dancing: The Heart of American Culture

Hey all.

How's everybody doing? So this week a few interesting things happened... This Friday we had a international foods night. The sister missionaries from Venezuela and El Salvador, and Elder Campos from Peru, all did a little dish from their countries, and I did chocolate no bake cookies. They didn't turn out as good as Dad's, but everybody loved them, and I definitely won best food haha! They didn't show up with the projector and some other stuff, so I just stood up with the microphone and talked about the states and even taught a little square dance haha. Saturday was crazy. We went to go fill up the baptismal font Saturday afternoon for Daniel's baptism. First, Daniel is an investigator that we've been teaching for about 4 weeks now. He is friend of Miguel Beltran, a young man in the branch. We went to go fill up the font, and the water pump was broken. With only a few hours before the service we started filling up buckets of water, trying to fill up the font, but it just wasn't working. So we sent two other elders from another chapel here in the zone to go fill up the baptismal font at another chapel, and when everybody showed up we had to send everybody over to the other chapel. Finally we made it over there, but we forgot the baptismal clothing, so I grabbed Elder Nilson, another elder here in the zone, and we took a taxi super fast to go get baptismal clothing. We got back to the chapel at 8:45 and the assistants called me to tell me that Elder Campos replacement was at the bus station in Palmira. I left the baptismal service to go pick him up, and left Elder Campos there to baptize Daniel. I missed the service, buts it's all good. He got confirmed yesterday in another branch because he doesn't live in my area, but we taught him in his friends house because he couldn't receive us in his house. The important thing is that he got baptized and his progress in the gospel. Yesterday afternoon Elder Campos headed out. I'm now here with my companion, Elder Azabache, also from Peru. I miss Elder Campos. It's interesting that sometimes the little things your companion does sometimes you get bugged with him, but when he leaves, you realize that he was a really good companion. Anyway, he's headed back to Peru. Anyway, I better get going. Gotta get the week started here. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. I hope you all have a good week.

Love, 
Elder Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment