About Me

My photo
LDS Missionary - Cali Colombia May 2013 - May 2015

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Baptisms in Cali

HEYYYY.

Hey everybody. What's up? Hope your week was "chevere". My week was pretty good. I'm getting used to my area. I feel like I know it pretty well now. Getting used to Cali again, too! I think I'm getting my Cali accent back haha! Anyway, this week was good. We had our first interviews with President and Sister Pricoli this week. All went well. This week I had an interesting experience. I was in a baptismal interview with a investigator that the office elders are teaching (miracles- the office elders are baptizing somebody haha jk..) But anyway, I was interviewing him and I could tell something wasn't right. I felt impressed to ask him about his family, and he informed me that his family didn't want him to get baptized, and that's what was holding him back. We talked for quite a while, maybe too long, (ha) and in the end I invited him to pray and ask Heavenly Father if he should get baptized. We knelt down and he started to pray and asked. There was a long silence for a few minutes, and just before my knees couldn't take it any longer, he seemed super weired out. I asked him what he was thinking, and I think the spirit spoke to him so strong, it actually kind of scared him. Took him by surprise. Long story short, he got baptized this weekend. We also had a baptismal service. Leonardo got baptized. It was super cool because another young man in the ward who is a recent convert baptized him. The service was good, and he got confirmed Sunday. Way to go Leo! Anyway, I gotta log off, but thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I'll send off a few pics because I finally have a camera again. Anyway hope you all have a good week. Love you all.

Elder Dean
 
 Leonardo's Baptism
 
 Esteban baptized Leonardo (Leonardo doesnt have a tie on)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment